Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

drive by shooting

Mr. Roadshow in today's (29 May 2012) San Jose Mercury News suggests that taking photos with a cell phone in California while driving is illegal

I haven't actually found the section of the California Vehicle Code that prohibits taking photos with a cell phone while driving (CVC 23123 thru 23125 prohibits talking on a phone (without a hands-free device or while driving an emergency vehicle) or texting on a phone).


Now I admit, I have occasionally answered the phone while driving.  I have played mp3's while driving.  I have used google-maps/GPS while driving.  

I have not played Angry Birds while driving.  Yet.


But when it comes time to execute a driving-by-shooting, I don't use my fancy phone camera.  


I use a real camera.


Digital rangefinder, bam!
drive by shooting


Digital rangefinder, bam!
drive by shooting #2


Digital point-n-shoot, bam!
Perhaps, if a right arrow were painted in the right-turn-only lane, absent minded drivers wouldn't use the right-turn lane to make left turns, passing left-turning cyclists on the right.


Cross-processed slide film, bam!
drive by shooting


No comments: