Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 10, 2017

lil killa and mini mayhem: compelling frame: lesson 1 frame 7



scdgroms_vs_angelcity_L1065567 1

21 February 2016. Angel City vs Santa Cruz Derby Groms.  Craneway Pavilion, Richmond, CA.

 One last derby photo (a feature photo this time).

  1. It's just a little quiet moment before the bout. Lil Killa is using a tool to adjust her skate.  Mini Mayhem is using a massage tool on her leg.
  2. Horizontal. 3x2.  I purposesly framed Lil Killa to the far right of the frame and to get Mini Mayhem in the frame too. I think it took 3 tries to get the framing the way I liked it.
  3. The diagonal of the track and chairs guide the eye between the two principal subjects.
  4. This is at the Craneway Pavilion.  It's mostly indirect natural morning light coming in from the far left of the photo and it is gorgeous.  
  5. I'm about15-20 feet away. I'm standing (above the sitting skaters) but I may be crouched down a bit.
  6. It's a moment of focus on small tasks before the bout. 
  7. There are two skaters with similar tasks that are a repeated element.
  8. I suppose some of the water bottles "clutter" the photo.
  9. Ah, the old balance question.  I think so, yes.


No comments: